Tuesday, October 22, 2013

1989 - The Sandman Revisited by Gaiman and McKean

Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean recall the Sandman's 1989 origins:

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2013/oct/22/how-we-made-sandman-gaiman


"They said: make it your own. So I started thinking more mythic – let's have someone who's been around since the beginning of time, because that lets me play around with the whole of time and space. I inherited from mythology the idea that he was Morpheus, king of dreams: it's a story about stories, and why we need them, all of them revolving in some way around Morpheus..."
"Years later, Karen said: "Of course, Dream is you." I said: "No, I've got a sense of humour." I suppose he looks like me, though. But that's one of those peculiar things where you gradually start to look like your dog."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...